This Cookies Policy informs about the cookies or similar technologies that are or may be installed in your device when accessing and using this website (the "Site") operated by Grifols (the “Company").
From now on, this Cookies Policy uses the term "cookies" to refer to cookies and similar technologies, such as pixels, web beacons or digital fingerprinting techniques.
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded in your device when you access certain websites or electronic communications. Cookies allow a webpage to store and retrieve, among other things, information on the number of visits and the browsing behavior of users or of their devices.
Cookies are used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
3. What type of cookies uses this Site?
In general terms, cookies can be classified as follows:
- Essential: these are strictly necessary for the Site to work and to permit the browsing of the Site as requested. Some examples are activating basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure website areas or customizing the Site presentation (e.g. language). Without these cookies, the Site would not be able to work properly.
- Non-essential: these are all other cookies not falling within the prior category and includes analytical cookies. These cookies are installed in your device only after your express consent.
Essential and non-essential cookies of this Site can be classified following these criteria:
- Session: these expire at the end of a browser session (normally when you exit the browser or turn off your device).
- Persistent: these are stored in your device for a longer period than the browser session. The duration of persistent cookies is set by the responsible of the cookie and can be from some minutes to several years.
- Entity placing the cookie:
- First-party: these are set directly by the Site.
- Third-party: these are set by other websites different from the Site and typically occurs when the Site incorporates elements from other websites (such as images or social media plugins) or when engaging third parties to provide services to the Company through the Site.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
- Functional Cookies: these cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies: these cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources to understand how our visitors interact with the site, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Targeting Cookies: these cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. they may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store personal information that directly identify you but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
- Social Media Cookies: these cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
Please find below further details on the cookies used in this Site:
4. How to disable or delete cookies?
Additionally, you may enable, block or delete the cookies installed in your device through the settings of your browser. We inform you that disabling essential cookies may have an impact on the proper functioning of the Site.
Information on how to manage or disable cookies on the main browsers is available below:
- For Google Chrome, click here.
- For Firefox, click here.
- For Microsoft Edge, click here.
- For Opera, click here.
- For Safari, click here.
We remind you of the importance to access the last updated support information of said browsers in order to know how you can manage and delete cookies. In case you use any other Internet browser, please visit the settings of the relevant browser.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. Modification of the Cookies Policy
The Company may totally or partially modify this Cookies Policy if required by applicable legislation or in order to adjust the Policy to the cookies actually used in the Site and any related electronic communications.
Date of creation: January 2024